Saturday, September 8, 2012

Alabama Artists and WNRN: The Perfect Combination

Alabama has had some great music come out of the state in the last few years.  Recently, I posted a live performance by the Alabama Shakes and I thought I might treat you all to a few more performances from musicians who hail from there.  I will start off with the Alabama Shakes performing "I Found You" completely live and Acoustic on the wonderful Radio Station WNRN (Which you may remember from the Sons of Bill Performances I posted earlier).  I simply adore this performance!
If you have never heard Jason Isbell perform live you are missing out.  He is a singer from Greenhill, Alabama near Muscle Shoals.  Formerly a member of the Drive By Truckers, Isbell has been recording with his current group The 400 Unit for several years.  To be honest, I saw the DBT on Austin City Limits and immediately thought that having Jason and The 400 Unit would have been a better choice!  This is Jason solo, acoustic, and live performing the beautiful song "Alabama Pines" on WNRN:



2 comments:

Viva La Vida Teardrop said...

I have a live video of them from their performance at the Crocodile in Seattle:) Happy to share if you want the footage!

Greg Lloyd said...

Loved both songs...my favorite thing is musicians playing "stripped down"...just a guitar...or simple instrumentation...letting the music speak for itself!