Sunday, September 9, 2012

Luke Wilson & The Steel Wheels- Virginia Artists and WNRN: Another Perfect Combination

Last time I blogged about Alabama Artists and their Live performances on WNRN.  I would be remiss if I didn't give the great state of Virginia their due on their own radio station.  Below are some of my favorites from bands who hail from the land where "You got to scrape that shine right off your shoes".
Trent with the Steel Wheels
The first two are from the AMAZING Trent Wagler whose band the Steel Wheels not only has amazing talent but also rides their bikes from show to show.  The first song is called "Walk this way for awhile" and I absolutely adore the simple romantic vibe.  The best lyric is simply the title of the song, and I hope it melts your heart the way it does mine.  We have all been there!

The next song is called "Nothing You Can't Lose" and it too is live on WNRN.  A straight blues number that reminds me why I love straight blues.  It has a country flair to be sure, but I hear it and I hear the blues through and through.  You can tell from the tone and the clothes that both songs are from the same performance.  Enjoy!







Awhile ago I posted about one of my current favorite bands, The Sons Of Bill.  They were nice enough to comment about it on their Facebook page (even though I screwed up their names!)  They just released their new video for Sirens and you should check it out!  Anyway, I mentioned in that post that they had a truly undiscovered little brother (not part of the band) who has some great talent of his own.  Luke Wilson is also from Charlottesville, Virginia and comes with a beautiful voice of his own.  Below is his song "Caroline" and I hope you enjoy it:





No comments: