Friday, September 21, 2012

The Avett Post: One of my all time favorites!


The Avett Brothers are one of my favorite bands of all time.  I don't say that carelessly, and I also recognize the changes they have gone through since they began.  I love them for the lyrics first and foremost, followed by the harmonies, musicianship, and finally sincerity.  Below are some of my favorite songs that I can show you from Youtube.  It should be noted that there are MANY better songs that I cannot link to on you tube for you to enjoy, so this is only a PARTIAL list.

"The Ballad of Love and Hate"
Quite simply some of the most amazing lyrics I have heard in years.  Seth Avett at his best.

"Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise"
Great video, great lyrics, good concept, and exceptional musicianship.

"Talk on Indolence"
 My first question...If I asked you to mix blue grass, punk, hip hop, and make sure the lyrics are great, could you do it this well?  If you don't understand what they are saying in this clip just look it up by following the link prior.

"November Blue"
So sweet and beautiful!

"Salvation Song"
I love Salvation Song because it is the brothers describing why they make music.  One of the most sincere songs that I have ever listened to.

"Belladonna"
Beautiful harmonies swirl around truly great lyrics.

"Paranoia in B Flat Major"
The Lyrics do it to me every time.  We have been there people.

"Shame"
Boatloads of Shame, Day after Day, more of the same

"Just a Closer Walk With Thee"

The Scotty Avett has some cute kids.  The video above confirms for me that I like this band.  Anyone who treats their kids like this is OK in my book.




No comments: