Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two Songs that are Catchy Catchy Catchy....

For this post I wanted to put forth some songs that I find catchy. When I say catchy I am talking about that groove that hits you, that sound that makes you go 'Damn".  The ones that get stuck in your head and you know why.
Brittany Howard

1) Alabama Shakes "Hold On" Released: 2012 Best Lyric: "Bless my heart, bless my mind, I got so much I wanna do but so little time" Why I love it:  Because I liked them when they were just called "The Shakes" :)  But seriously, because the band is great and singer Brittany Hopkins has Joplin level talent.  I love that they are from a small town in Alabama and now hove the success that they are having due to sheer talent.  They are the unstoppable force and while I can't confirm this, I am told that she has an illness that made her think she would die young.  Obviously, the lyrics take on much more meaning in this context so give it a listen:
2) Aloe Blacc "I Need A Dollar" Released: 2010 Best Lyric: "Boss man please, I need this job more than you know" Why I love it: AB is not only a University of Southern California Trojan like me, but he also lived on Somerville Place (A community I used to work with when I lived in Los Angeles and worked for USC).  Furthermore, the song is just the bomb!











No comments: